Why have we set up Moray Sports Foundation?
Sports, clubs and individuals are being held back by the lack of facilities, equipment and coaches. Obesity, diabetes, physical inactivity and isolation are a growing problem across Moray and Scotland.
Moray Sports Foundation is an independent charity dedicated to assisting and reversing these trends.
Registered Charity no. SC046059
To inspire communities and change lives through the power of sport and physical activity. Through the Moray Sports Centre brand and high-quality staff, we aim to engage and challenge people of all ages to lead an active, healthy and rewarding lifestyle.
The number of people taking part in sport and physical activity across Moray is considerably lower when compared to other areas of Scotland. We have a specific vision and objectives to improve Moray’s activity levels:
- build a regional size Centre that facilitates social inclusiveness for the community
- to engage with the community using our facilities, improving activity opportunities and lowering social isolation
- to understand the needs of our users and provide affordable innovative programmes to ensure financial sustainability and social well-being
- to provide community led activity programmes, promoting inclusiveness and catering for all skill and fitness abilities. Everyone can benefit from what we do
- to encourage physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle, social activity and enabling sporting excellence
- to reinvest any surplus generated to more broadly pursue our goals
- to improve employability and opportunity in all areas of sport, health and fitness across Moray
- to compliment the sport and activity strategy for Moray promoting services to improve their health