Throughout the design process, the Moray Sports Foundation Team have actively sought Community feedback to gauge what will be provided at the Centre.
Hosting community consultations, attending forums with key stakeholders and regular steering group meetings, we have used the feedback to encourage HFM architects, Aberdeen to design a very modern building. A great amount of focus was given to the layout the centre, specifically, the design needs to be welcoming, functional, easily navigated, and above all else accessible to all.
Taking account of community surveys, interviews with sports clubs and governing bodies, the needs of Moray Council, Moray College and local health and social care services, and the advice of SportScotland.
Over 300 people attended public consultations and many more viewing designs online and in the press.
A tendering process identified Morrison Construction as the preferred contractor. The final design was unveiled at a public meeting in July 2016, one year after the initial public announcement.
Subject to raising the capital, the build will take 18 months to 2 years.
Moray Sports Centre, construction could begin as early as July 2017.
The priority facilities for the phase one of the sports centre include:
- Car park and bike shelter – we need to enable you to get to the facility
- Reception, staff room and support offices – we need space to run the operation
- Restaurant and kitchen that caters for individuals, families, social gatherings and events
- The 8 court sports hall, with capacity for 500+ spectators and supporting changing facilities
- The gym (with private teaching area) and 3 studios (Holistic, aerobic and Indoor Cycling), with members changing
- Treatment rooms (available for hire)
- Gymnastics hall including Trampoline area
- Meeting rooms
- Sports hub library
These facilities must be operational and successful to allow us to consider future expansions. There will be phased additional facilities through the construction process subject to funds raised and community support.
Proposed Floor Plans
Our artists’ impressions will give you a feel for the scope and scale of the sports centre.
View our plans below (images are for illustration purposes only).